UPDATED AS OF 16 SEP 2019
1. OVERVIEW AND SCOPE
Your personal data privacy is important to us and DesignSingapore Council (“DSG”) is highly committed in respecting and managing your Personal Data collected in line with this Policy.
2. WHEN AND WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
DSG may collect, use and disclose the following data about you:
- When you provide Personal Data by filling in online or hardcopy forms when applying for DSG’s products and services or feedback (i.e. surveys), asking queries, requests and other submissions;
- If and when you contact DSG (i.e. telephone calls, online chat programmes, social media (i.e. Facebook, etc.), online chat programs and emails, face to face meetings), we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to DSG’s website including, but not limited to, cookies, location data, weblogs and other communication data, that you access;
- When you fill up online and hardcopy job application forms to apply for a job at DSG;
- If you enter into any contract with DSG or purchase any products/services from DSG;
- If you make contact with any of our authorized representatives, agents and partners, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- If you participate in any exhibition, event, training or workshop organised by DSG or where DSG is a participant;
- When you participate in any contests, competitions, events and workshops organized by or administered by DSG;
- If and when you respond to any of DSG’s marketing promotions, newsletters and other materials;
DSG may collect the following kinds of Personal Data through the different channels mentioned above:
- Full name;
- NRIC/FIN/WP/Passport numbers, if necessary;
- Business and/or residential addresses;
- Business and/or personal email addresses;
- Mobile and business telephone numbers;
- Educational history and qualifications;
- Next of Kin, family, surety or emergency contact information;
- Social media account details;
- Bank account details, if necessary;
- Photos and CCTV videos, if applicable;
- Information disclosed about references, if necessary;
Additionally, if you are applying for employment with DSG, DSG will collect the following:
- Marital Status;
- Date of Birth;
- Medical and insurance information, if necessary;
- Employment history and professional qualifications, including testimonials and references;
- Medical, legal and financial history;
- Curricula Vitae, if any;
3. WHAT PURPOSE DOES DSG COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA?
DSG may use the information we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
- To perform or carry out DSG’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To enable DSG’s subcontractors, third-party agents and service providers, to fulfil obligations/services as stipulated in your contract with DSG;
- To handle products and services requests and enquiries from customers and tenants;
- For payment administration purposes;
- To administer and update your records in our databases; monitoring and maintaining a copy of your record of previous transactions;
- To facilitate the delivery, maintenance and enhancement of DSG’s products and services for customers and tenants;
- To plan, monitor, and enhance the provision of new products, services, projects, and planning of events for customers and tenants;
- To improve DSG’s customer service through your feedback;
- To facilitate data analysis and business planning purposes;
- To process your enquiries and any and all other ancillary administrative purposes;
- For communications, sales and marketing efforts and leads generation and publicity purposes;
- To administer contests, competitions or other similar events;
- To evaluate beneficiaries’ suitability for scholarships and internships/partnership arrangements with corporate partners;
- For tenant and vendor management and communications purposes;
- For government, audit and other regulatory purposes;
- For recruitment and evaluation purposes if you apply for a job with DSG, i.e. to determine job suitability;
- To apply for employee work visas at the Ministry of Manpower;
- For security, safety surveillance and monitoring purposes;
- For internal reporting and/or accounting purposes; and
- Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including but not limited to via email, telephone numbers, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation.
By your submission of your Personal Data to us, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to these agents or service providers (as set out in no.3 of “What purposes does DSG collect, use and disclose personal data?”) and the processing of your Personal data by these agents or service providers.
We only collect, process, use or disclose such Personal Data, in accordance with this policy. If you are acting as an intermediary, or otherwise on behalf of a third party, or supply us with information regarding a third party, you undertake that you are an authorised representative or agent of such third party and that you have obtained consent from such third party to our collection, processing, use and disclosure of their Personal Data. Because we are collecting the third party’s data from you, you undertake to make the third party aware of all matters listed in this policy by referring them to our agencies’ website.
4. CONSENT FOR THE COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In this regard, please note that it is on your part to ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct at the time of submission. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Please note that if you do not consent to any of the above business purposes, DSG may also be unable to meet the purposes for which the information was collected.
5. DOES DSG DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES?
DSG may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act (Cap. 50).
On occasion, DSG may use third party agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your Personal Data as outlined under “What purposes does DSG Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?” You consent to such use of your Personal Data by continuing to browse on DSG’s website or continuing to engage with DSG.
DSG will not transfer Personal Data within or outside Singapore unless it is ensured that the Personal Data will be accorded a level of protection which is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
6. FOR HOW LONG DOES DSG RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
DSG will cease to retain Personal Data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
When you visit any of DSG’s websites, DSG may collect or analyse anonymized information from which individual information will not be identified. The information collected may include the number of users and the amount of time they stay on our website, which countries they are from, and what mode of device they are currently using to view our website, as well as domain information that helps us to learn our client’s profile, the frequency of viewing. We use this information to improve our website’s content and navigation.
Note that our cookies do not have an expiration date and do not collect personally identifiable information.